Call For Free Initial Consultation
(615) 259-2660
TwitterFacebookRss FeedLinkedIn

Home » Turner Law Offices Blog » Child-Custody Battle Prevents Grammy-Winner From Delivering UN Talk

Child-Custody Battle Prevents Grammy-Winner From Delivering UN Talk

Tennesse Child Support Attorney

Two-time Grammy award winning rapper Pras was scheduled to lead a talk in the UN addressing issues like poverty in Haiti and renewable energy, but had to cancel his plans when Angela Severiano, the mother of his child, decided to bring their longstanding child support case back to court in hopes of gaining a higher monthly payment.

Severiano, Pras’s baby-momma from a brief fling back in 2010, wants the $3,100 a month payments to nearly triple in their amount to $9,000 a month.  Severiano believes that the current amount is making life too difficult to raise their three-year-old son, Landon, on a yearly income of nearly $72,000.

The issue of the child support isn’t the biggest bother to Pras, who had already submitted an $83,000 check back in March 2013 to the NYC Child Support Processing Center to retroactively cover child support since Landon was born.  Pras has even been regularly paying the monthly child support amount since that time.

The worst issue of the case for Pras is the political smudge of being seen as a deadbeat dad.  Pras’s efforts in fighting the intense poverty in Haiti and his support in the push for renewable energy require him to meet with important government officials in order to be effective.

That effort becomes extremely difficult, however, when government officials don’t want their reputations smudged by meeting with a man who has child support issues.

If you are currently experiencing problems with child support, or are planning on opening up a case in court, you’re going to need an experienced attorney on your side.  Our attorneys are well-versed in the complicated legal matters of child support cases, and can effectively represent you with professional expertise.  Call us today to see how our child support attorneys can best assist you.

Call 615-259-2660

You must be logged in to post a comment.